What you will do
You will be responsible for:
- Develop user-facing content that works across all devices and conforms to Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate continuously with other team members
Skills and qualifications
- Fluent in English
- Proficient understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3, bootstrap and responsive design
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of WCAG 2.1 guidelines and how to implement them
- Competency of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus
- Experience with Django a plus
- Experience implementing email templates a plus
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
Education and experience
- Previous front-end development experience essential, with references and portfolio
- Educated to higher education level
Brief Summary of Sitemorse
Sitemorse is an independently funded provider of digital compliance and optimisation solutions. Customers from around the world use the Sitemorse platform to make compliance achievable, ensuring accessibility, regulatory and brand guidelines are adhered to across their entire digital footprint. Organisations also use Sitemorse to improve digital performance and drive content quality and consistency across websites, social media and apps.
Online services provide affordable and flexible options for remote, automated assessment of your digital footprint for accessibility and content quality. Because the Sitemorse Intelligence Engine™ processes and distributes prioritised actions that are targeted to your digital team, compliance and improvement becomes achievable and manageable.
What it is like to work at Sitemorse?
We are a small company; we don’t have an office. Our people work from wherever they are most productive, which is normally home. We do all meet every other month when we have company meetings.
This role is supporting our Online Business and the associated client acquisition process. We offer a premium service at highly competitive prices, which is only possible if we keep our costs low, so the focus is on efficiency. Therefore, there are few, if any, meetings with prospects or telephone calls and we can’t afford to be involved in a tendering process or in a complex procurement exercise.
Sitemorse isn’t for everyone – if you’ve read Tim Ferriss’ The 4-Hour Work Week and it resonated with you then Sitemorse could be for you!